Disclaimer: All pictures used belong to me and were created and taken by me.
Baaack to school, already? (Or random thought: back to set because this world is a stage and all of us merely players or actors. Yeah had to digress for that deep Bard ref.)
Many have already resumed and are overwhelmed by all the things to do and all the things to try and a few are dreading it and cherishing the time they have left, at least I hope you are. All credit to Broke & The Bookish as per usual.
I am a person who is deeply in love with words in general but especially words when they are assembled into quotes. Because sometimes, all it takes is a powerful quote to shock you into movement, or in other words, motivate you. So, here are ten.
1. “Tomorrow, life can begin afresh, afresh, afresh.” – Cloud Atlas.
2. “Be bold, be fearless, be amazing.”-my bullet journal from Walgreens, their ME to WE education series.
3. “I understand now the boundaries of noise and sound. All boundaries are conventionals waiting to be transcended. One may transcend any conventional if only one can perceive the limits of it. Moments like these I can feel your heart beating as clearly as I can feel my own and I know separation is an illusion.”- arguably the most beautiful scene in Cloud Atlas.
4. ” So you’re a weirdo, be the best weirdo you can be.” – The Duff
5. “Retrieve your confidence, achieve your goals.”- The Duff.
6. “There is no force more powerful in high school than one person’s blunt disagreement.”- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia.
7. “Today, right now, I start over. A new me. I imagine my old self pouring out of me like octopus ink…”- The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter.
8. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”- Rumi
9. This is something to say to yourself every morning to keep yourself from being anything besides a badass for those of you who are into positive affirmations in the morning: “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.”-Audre Lorde
10. Scene from Cloud Atlas: “No matter what you do, it will be a single drop in a limitless ocean.”
*smiles* “What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?”
Do whatever you can each day to achieve your goals! If you’re already in school you’re doing great! If you aren’t yet, you will! If you don’t go to school at all, never stop learning in any way you can. A child can lose a month’s worth of learning over a summer holiday so imagine all the brilliance you could be losing. Terrifying, isn’t it? Well it is if you’re like me and fascinated by things and like to learn. I don’t necessarily love the traditional education system, but I do love to learn.
What’s one fascinating thing you haven’t learned but would like to? If you’re in school but haven’t resumed yet, what do you want to learn or what thing do you want to be the grand finale of your summer break?