This will not be a conventional wrapup in the slightest, but an intro post to the new year. Hello there, it’s been a while. I apologize, that has been the result from the odious state that is my mental health. It is the new year, and I’m overwhelmed with excitement to be even more myself with the book community and getting out all the ideas I have!!!
Let me introduce myself in 12 facts:
- My name is Wesaun, this is my real first name. It is pronounced Wha-saun, and means defender of mankind and western meadow.
- I love books, and all art forms, especially writing and painting which I practice.
- I love words, the feel and meaning of them is just so beautiful to me which contributes to my vernacular.
- My favorite movie of all time is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and if you’re a fan, we are best friends.
- I am garrulous, which means i’m talkative, and do not always complete a thought when it comes to my art because I am rushing into a next one.
- I am Jamaican, and love the food, culture, and country. I was not born there.
- I was born in Flushing, Queens. This is not where I live or the part of Queens that I frequent, and from that you can tell that I am a New Yorker and I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH NYC. It is where I belong.
- I wish to become a publicist in an imprint of Harper Collins, or a small publisher that publishes only queer books. Yes, this exists.
- There is something beautiful to me about very blog or blogger I follow, but my main favorites happen to be Paper Fury (paperfury.com), Thoughts and Afterthoughts (anotherafterthought.wordpress.com) and Read At Midnight (readatmidnight.wordpress.com) I would love to know these people better, they are all brilliant and I love speaking to them when I get a chance to comment.
- I love quotes, and one of my favorites is by Sylvia Plath, the worst enemy to creativity is self doubt, which I focus on as I work.
- My favorite books by this year are written by two talented, beautiful people whose names are Jordan Villegas and Nic Stone. Published, though, let’s go with Fans of The Impossible Life and I Crawl Through It which both mean loads to me.
- Lastly, I am a sapphist. For those of you unfamiliar with this beautiful term, it means I am a lesbian, although I prefer the term queer, and my biggest problem this year was the book crush thing. I feel in this community, and in general, it’s…expected for fangirls to be enamored with fictional boys, and I would always give out a couple names because I felt it would be easier that way, especially for straight book people who made the mistake of saying book boyfriend, which I find…heteronormative, and it has certainly annoyed me in the past. I’m leaving that bullvine excrement in 2015 where it belongs. As said in Ask The Passengers, I will paraphrase, if you have a problem, that is YOUR problem. Not mine, I REALLY do not care, and so here are my book crushes from 2015: Mira from FANS, Abby from SIMON, Aelin from QoS, Lysandra from QoS, Caroline from Every Last Word, Parv from LIARS INC., aanddddd China from I CRAWL.
Welcome to 2016! What are some things about YOU you want me to know? Book significant others (because who made the stupid rule that it’s book boyfriends?) ? Some thoughts on this post? Talk to me below, I love talking to you. Thanks to all for liking and stopping by! My business email is currently not suitable for use. Any inquiries, you can find me on Twitter, as epicbooklover for more info.