I wanted to do all the Thanksgiving freebies. All credit to The Broke and The Bookish. This is Day 3 of this week of gratitude. I am grateful this Thanksgiving for the Hunger Games movies. The actors and actresses all made the movies come alive, but I think the music missed some songs that should’ve been there but weren’t because it was either unreleased, or just not chosen.
- Glory and Gore by Lorde should’ve been in Catching Fire, during one of the arena scenes. Seriously, no better song than this could’ve been created for the Hunger Games movies, so why wasn’t it there? Lorde is amazing, although she unfortunately hasn’t given us more than a few EPs and one bomb album. Honestly, the songs never get old, she has a lot of talent, and so in my preparation for the upcoming movies, I re-listened to Pure Heroine, which is available on Spotify for those of you who have it. If you don’t, make one for free and feel your life get better with that one action. This song was so Katniss, it isn’t even funny.
- Bravado by Lorde: Again, the Katniss attitude. This song should’ve been fit in, and would’ve made a great credits to Mockingjay part 1.
- Castle by Halsey, simply because it’s similar to Glory and Gore in style. The Hunger Games.
- She Talks Too Much by Elohim. Catching Fire.
- Sober by VERITE. Mockingjay Part 2. Death of Prim.
- Great Big Storm by Nate Reuss. Mockingjay Part 2. Credits.
- C.O.P.S Came by Em Harriss Mockingjay part 2. Credits.
- Ribs by Lorde Mockingjay Part 1. Bombings.
- Shine by Night Terrors of 1927 Hunger Games.
- Wait For Life by Emily Haynie, Lana Del Ray Hunger Games.
Are there any songs you would’ve liked in the soundtrack that weren’t there but should’ve been?