Monthly wrap-ups are a bit long. Feel free to skip to any emboldened section you wish!
- I went to Denbigh Festival for the first time. If you don’t know, it’s an agricultural festival in Jamaica to celebrate independence in Jamaica. All different parishes come with their animals, and lots of cooked food, there’s loud music and it’s fun (at least it was for me).
- INDEPENDENCE DAY IN JAMAICA was the 6th of August, and I was there to celebrate it which meant a lot to me.
- I also went to a movie in Jamaica which was actually a live performance of a play outside (and if you didn’t know I love theatre, whether it means participating in it or going to watch it), and I enjoyed it, it was an amazing experience.
- In general, I personally haven’t been great because I had to come back to New York (customs only allows us a month outside the country), and that was hard because it felt like returning back to school was closer (which it is), and that’s back to a lot of stress that I am definitely not prepared to have to take again. As well as the news of all the police brutality in July also had me reluctant to return to the U.S., it felt like going into fire, and I still am not used to being back. Everything seems so strange to me now, and I miss the home feeling I had back in JA. I miss the food, the feel of the air, and the family members I left behind, I miss that feeling of freedom I had.
- I did my first guest post over at Bookish Babes last Friday, and it was a success. Thank you to all of you who said such wonderful hings to me about it, it meant a lot.
- I started beta reading for Nic which has honestly been the best experience I have had so far when it comes to “working” in the book world.
- I successfully (although i cut it close) prepared all my posts for September! WHOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO.
- NEW YORKERS: Sarah J. Maas is having the QoS launch at 92Y.
Top Ten Tuesdays
Great Music I Listened To
- Vicetone ft. J Hart- Follow Me
- Audien- Something Better (Audio) ft. Lady Antebellum
- Suspect 44 feat Rumors- Here Right Now (Radio Edit)
- Throttle ft. David Spekter-Together
- Mark Ronson- Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars
- The Weeknd-Can’t Feel My Face
- Dollhouse – Melanie Martinez
- Gooey-Glass Animals
- Pity Party-Melanie Martinez
- 2 Heads-Coleman Hell
- Thank you to John for the last five reccomendations
Books I Read
- I beta read an amazing book by Nic Stone which I can’t actually name. LOL.
- I’m currently reading The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- Deadfall by Anna Carey
- The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (which is a powerful novel of amazing quality) and I forever owe Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts for recommending that I read it before More Than This otherwise I probably still would not have read it.
- The Secret Life of A Book Blogger
- Reader Problems
- Gossip Girl
- Siblinghood of The World Bloggers
- Creative Blogger Award
- Blogger Recognition Award
Favorite Posts in The Blogosphere
- Evi talks about not letting her blog become too commercial .
- Joey talks about ships actually being submarines.
- Cait gives 17 valid prerequisites to caring for your bookworm
- Cait discusses wanting diverse books that do not center around being diverse.
- Justina discusses averse racism in trad publishing
- John does an article giving 10 great YA novels that you probably haven’t heard of
- Feel free to tell me about your month in the comments below. And to those going back to uni and/or AP Hell (or just HS in general), I SALUTE YOU.