This is The Ultimate Book Tag.
Thanks to Keionda @ Keionda Hearts Books for the tag!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No. I move around on transit a lot, and the movement soothes me whilst I read.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
David Arnold, Kate Scelsa, Patrick Ness. The writing is lyrical, and creative. I love good quality writing that evokes emotion out of me, and immerses me into the story. That’s true art, and I don’t feel there’s a lot of that, you know?
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
- Because I’m
- rebel. (No, honestly, I haven’t read either series.)
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)
Yes. Phone, charger, several bags of cookies, chips, Metro Card—the transit pass in NY for buses, trains, whatever–some candy, a Books of Wonder coupon, my glasses case, and my glasses cleaner.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
With! The Truth Commision is one of my favorites. A Monster Calls is my absolute top favorite, truly exquisite. Also Winger.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
So what if it isn’t “quality writing”, I loved it.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Haha, none that I can share on this blog, sadly.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Alice in Wonderland.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Red Queen, or Snow Like Ashes.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write. No.
12. When did you get into reading?
When I was 5, because of the Junie B. Jones books.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Alice in Wonderland, The Perks of Being A Wallflower.
14. In school what was your best subject?
English, especially when it came to creative writing.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would tell the person giving me the book straight up that I read it before and hated it, and ask for the receipt if not already provided. Assuming this person is close to me, they should already know this. Life is too short for people pleasing, and avoiding saying the truth because you’re afraid.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I don’t know, honestly.
18. What is your favorite word?
- So many more, I love words.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd, I guess.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I like the idea of the, although I have not yet rad any stories containing those.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Because I said so, and I am the law.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Wasn’t this basically already asked? Sigh. Zombies, because I am super prepared for the zombie apocalypse, I once spent a whole morning listening to, and discussing plans and procedures for when this happens. i have a group, a plan, everything because I’m strange, and proud of it. DEAL WITH IT.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
It depends on how well written it is, but right now, neither.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed, obviously. Explosions! Superpowers! Battles! Jousts! Badass heroines! Villains! FUNNNNNNNNN.