Thank you Summer @ Xingsings for the nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Share 5 facts about yourself (yeah, that’s not going to work for me)
- Nominate 15-20 bloggers and add their links
- Notify the bloggers you included
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do!
Random Facts About Me (I put as many as I felt like, couldn’t do just five. the facts are bolded.)
- I have never been great at following rules, I always felt they were too restricting or stifling, so occasionally—pretty regularly—I make my own.
- The easiest and fastest way to aggravate me is by mispronouncing my name, and several reactions to my name used to annoy me that don’t now. The several reactions or questions are 1. So, you’re, like, African? Oh. My. Godddd. You speak SUCH great english! Answer: *rolls eyes*There’s Chinese, English, and Jamaican, and the first thing you jumped to was African as if that was a country, and not a continent? No, I am not African, dear. 2. So, how do you pronounce it? Answer: Wha-saun 🙂 3. How did your parents come up with it? Me: My parents did not come up with it, my aunt Sharon, who is technically my cousin but I grew up calling her my aunt, came up with it. 4. Are you making it up? Answer: No, I’m not. 5. What does it mean? Answer: Defender of mankind and western meadow. 6. Do you feel like the meaning fits you? Answer: Of course I do!
- I call people dear or darling when I’m tired, and ma’am or sir when I’m highly annoyed but don’t want to be rude.
- I have an obsession with several things: books, art, science, and quotes.
- Strangely enough, I don’t buy clothes based on practicality or price although those are factors but because of some sort of concept in my head, or meaning I find in them.
- I am the youngest of 4 children , and the only one of them to not pursue a career of science.
- I eat alot and can eat up to 5-6 full meals including seconds and thirds for each one, and I do not mean snacks during the summer when I am hungry.
- I get hangry.
- I do not trust banks.
- I think the news is a distraction from the real issues.
- I think YA has failed us, though I love it.
- I love to ask questions, and answer them, my curiosity never died in my childhood. If I find you interesting, and can tell you’d be okay with it, I can ask so many questions you’d be amazed. All just random, and out of nowhere.
- I love words (I’m a logophile), I love to talk, I love intelligent conversations because I feel I learn alot, I’m very awkward yet strangely bold, and I talk too fast.
- I grew up around people with strong, thick accents that didn’t frequently speak clear American English, and I don’t believe that what people have set up things to be is what you must follow. There is no men’s and women’s section, what other people say means nothing. There are no rules, you make them. And you don’t make them for others, but for you.
It’s an odd habit that I don’t expect to shake.
I nominate these artists, please go check out their breathtaking content, and why I nominated them below:
- Shelumiel @ Bookish & Awesome: Miel is one of the most creative bloggers out there. He is the first person I really talked to in the blogosphere, and I found some of my favorite blogs through him. I’m a huge fan of Miel’s flawless handwriting, beautiful book photography, his typography and watercolor paintings in general. He was nominated by Summer, but I had to nominatre him again.
- Cat @ Kit’s Books: Cat is one of the first friends I made in the book world (along with Deanna who isn’t a blogger). She’s funny, endlessly interesting, and I like her creative personality.
- Joey @ Thoughts & Afterthoughts: This is another blogger I had to nominate although he was previously nominated by Summer. He creates the best rants and discussion posts which are always humorous and thought provoking. His posts have led me to think about things in a way I wouldn’t have otherwise. One of my favorite blogs of ever.
- Cait @ Paper Fury Obviously. I don’t know if she was previously nominated, but still. Paper Fury is 4 years old now and every post is still so original, fangirl-y, and funny. I never want to skip a post, and I never feel the urge to skim Cait’s post just to comment so I have at least visited it. They’re so brilliant, and I love her white and black graphics; and her ability to always use the right GIFs.
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight: I’ve seen Aentee’s name mentioned everywhere and I’m glad I finally checked out her blog. Her graphics are unbelievably gorgeous & I lovehow she has a unique theme for what grahics she uses for each post.
- Miguel @ The Quirky Reader: This blog is currently on hiatus, but I love it! The discussion posts are entertaining, and I love the ways the reviews are written. A low rating will influence me not to read it, and a high rating will have me add it to my TBR.
- Margot @ Epic Reads: I am a big fan of Margot’s photography. Her work which is a combo of stunning self-portraits and beautiful, breathtaking cosplaying inspired by YA books she loves over at The Real Fauxtographer. I also love the graphics and creations Margot has running, it always makes my day. Margot is my absolute FAVORITE book photographer. Her talent is endless.
- Keionda @ Keionda Hearts Books: OMG, the branding in her posts.
- Maryam @ Bookishhh: Maryam is funny, generous, and sweet. I admire her strength as a n individual, and she was a blogger friend WAAAY back before blogging.